Friday, March 30, 2007

Rite of Passage!


It has happened! Kira has officially lost her first tooth! It happened without much pain. She was determined to let it fall out on it's own, but it was only hanging on by a thread, so her dad quickly pulled it out last night. She is so proud of herself! I think because some of her older friends have not lost any teeth yet. But I am not terribly surprised. My kids got their teeth early, so it would make sense if they loose them early. We were a little concerned a couple of weeks ago, when a molar started coming in behind her baby teeth, but I believe this is normal and is referred to as a 6-year-molar (she will be 6 next month).

My mother-in-law loaned us this cute retro tooth-fairy pillow case for the occasion, that she used with her girls, and I guess the tooth fairy will come and visit tonight. Anyone know the going rate for a baby tooth these days?

(Notice the little pocket for the tooth?)


I think Trenton was under the impression that he had lost a tooth, as well, showing us his teethy grin!


Ah! My babies are growing up! When did that happen???

3 comments:

Shanda said...

Tell Kira Congrats! In my opinion $.50 is more than enough but Gavin got $1 for each of his teeth. Good thing the tooth fairy came to his house in Alamosa. :) Trenton is such a cute kid!!! I love his cheezy grin!

Amberly said...

wow, what a rite of passage for you! sneaking in at night is an adventure I can't wait to hear about!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

The toothfairy left 2 quarters. I don't think it was too much of an adventure, since Kira sleeps like a log. We usually find her asleep on the floor, or in prayer position, since she thrashes about, and never wakes up. She was thrilled with the money and can't wait for the next visit from the toothfairy.