Friday, December 05, 2008

Mary's Gentlemen??? (A Christmas Trentonism)

I'm singing this very cool arrangement of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (first on my playlist) at a Christmas party tomorrow night. Apparently the children think it is cool, too. Because they bee-bop when we listen and sing it around the house. Today I finally listened closely enough to get Trenton's version of the lyrics:

"We gotta rescue Mary's gentlement, let nothing you dismay!"

4 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

At least he's making sense of the words! When Sarah doesn't know a word, she just sings a made-up word that sounds like the real one. Like when we sing "Christmas Bells" in Primary, for Bethlehem, she sings Beth-uh-luh-head. No matter how hard we try to teach her how it really goes, that's how it really goes!

Cami and Derek said...

I love these comments!! Your kids are sooo cute! Is it crazy how quick they are all growing up! Give everyone a hug for us! We love you!

Danielle and Calan said...

That's so funny! I can't wait till Calan starts talking and saying funny things like that!

Becky said...

Ha ha! That's awesome!