Friday, August 10, 2007

All your beautiful hair...

Before and after


I am in mourning just a little today at the loss of Trenton's long locks. For the last several months I have been in love with Trentons "surfer boy" shaggy hair. Barry has been less so, and admittedly, lately it's been a little bit out of control. He needed some kind of haircut, and it seems like it grows fast, so when Barry proposed that he take care of it while I was at choir last night, I gave him the green light. When Trenton found us in bed this morning, I was not sure who's child I was looking at. He looks so different to me! When I put a little product in it, it didn't look too bad (I am finding some spots I will have to go back and clean up a bit), but I must admit, I am missing the long hair.
I guess while they were cutting the hair, Kira kept telling Trenton that all of his beautiful hair was gone. So that is what he told me this morning. But when we asked him what he thought of his haircut, he said "great!" I guess if he is happy, I shouldn't complain.

3 comments:

Shanda said...

That makes me soooo sad! I am just glad that Trenton doesn't really care. He is such a cutie with or without the long locks.

felicia said...

cute pictures...they're getting so big! guess that's what happens when we haven't seen you in awhile! your banner/background is so cute...how did you do it? I'm afraid i'd mess it up if i tried something like that...haha!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I'm starting to get used to it, but some of the old pictures make me miss the hair. It's fun to rub his head now. :-) And I think it is already starting to grow back.

Hey Felicia,

I figured out that banner with a lot of trial and error and looking on other people's blogs and websites. To do the banner I used my Paint Shop Pro software, which is a simpler, cheaper wannabe Photoshop program. I spent a lot of time with the info on digital scrapbooking at the 2 peas website, and used some of their free digital downloads.

On the background I had to figure out where to put a picture url in the html. There is a blog at www.shabbytulips.blogspot.com that tells you how to make your own template or gives you some to copy. But it is having some technical difficulties, right now. Anyway, a lot of trial and error. But it is fun to customize things.