Saturday, April 21, 2007

Supermodel..Work!



No...Kira's eyesight hasn't degenerated. She is not in glasses now, except for when she is gracing the pages of an eyewear catalog.
We finally got to see the pictures from Kira's first, and only (so far), modeling job. Way back on my birthday, in December, she did this shoot for Marcolin Eye wear. If you will notice, those are real butterflies in these pictures. If you get a chance to look at the catalog, you will see that the grown-ups have butterflies in their pictures, too, but none of them are live like Kira's are. It was a more interesting (and challenging) shoot than any I have ever done. But the photographer, etc. were really great with Kira and seemed to be pleased with her efforts (and mine--I crawled insided the butterfly netting with her to keep her calm and guide the butterflies to her). By the end of the shoot she was very done with having things crawling on her. But all in all, it was not a bad way to start (very professional publication) and she was really excited to have earned some of her own money. Her purchases: roller blades and bubble gum.
Kira turns 6 tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRA! I am feeling a little bad because we have had to push most of her birthday celebrations off for a while. She was supposed to have her Kim Possible birthday party with her friends today, and a family dinner tomorrow, but Barry is working a gun show this weekend (and there were several other conflicts). Right now we are looking at May 5th for her party and will try and throw together some sort of b-day dinner tomorrow night when Dad's done at the gun show and Aunt Amber can come over for a little bit.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

The photos are darling! She looks so great with her hair done like that- It looks like a great start to me!

Anonymous said...

Tell me when you got her into modeling and how... this is very interesting. Kiera looks so cute and only a red head with blue eyes could pull this off!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

It was pretty simple. Our agent used to be in our ward, and when she decided to start representing children, she asked if she could send Kira out on a few things. It really hasn't been too big of a deal, so far. I think she has been to a total of 3 castings (one of which was the eyewear shoot) which is a pretty great ratio for this industry.

I've met some of the other moms who are super serious about their kids making it big. I'm just thinking a little extra for the college fund doesn't hurt, as long as Kira enjoys the experience.

If you want to see her on the agency website go to, http://www.sim-agency.com/pics.aspx?m=c

Shanda said...

I love the pictures! What a doll. If only she always acted as cute as she looks ;) I really love the colors and kiras expressions.