Saturday, July 07, 2007

FOR SALE!

If someone had told me a month ago that my home would be on the market today, I would have told them that they were crazy and that that would be impossible. Impossible things are happening everyday, thanks largely to angels who mascarade as family members and drop their lives to come to the rescue.

A couple of weeks ago, Barry and I put down earnest money to buy a new home a few miles from here that will be bigger and better for our growing family. The builders were offering some incentives that weekend only, that made this become a realistic option for us. I nearly backed out when the salesman said we would only have a week or two to get our home on the market. In fact, my words to him were something like, "you don't understand, I haven't done housework since I got pregnant!" (Which might be funny if it weren't mostly the truth). Barry thought we could make it happen, and with a tremendous amount of help from his family and some good friends, our house is now listed on the MLS (# 2799699--if anyone is interested). As part of our program, we are having to sell it at a lower price than we had hoped, but hopefully that will ensure a sale in time to satisfy the new builder. Though we have definately outgrown it, I have loved and put a lot of myself into this home. It is kind of bittersweet to sell.

So this is why I haven't posted any of my fun pictures from my Utah trip or the 4th of July, etc. I have posted pictures of most of the rooms in my house. Mostly because they have never all been this clean at the same time before, and I am sure, that some people (like my Mom who was just here during our Hawaii trip) would never believe it is this clean now, with out some photographic evidence. Also for those who have questioned my design taste, you can finally see what the rooms were mostly meant to look like with out all of the clutter.



3 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Kendra,
What a cute house. I love the kitchen and all the bright colors. I hope that your house sells fast. It is no fun to move with a tiny baby. Michael came 3 weeks early and put a wrench in our house closing so we ended up moving with a one week old... what a pain!

Heather said...

Kendra, this is Heather Morrison for your reference, your house is darling. I love all the paint color. Good luck in selling. I hear the market down there is terrible. When are you due? Hope things happen before that. Congrats on the new house.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Thanks guys! Sorry I'm so late in responding. If the house sells we will probably end up moving both when I am big and pregnant and when I have a little one. The market is pretty bad, though. We've had some interest, but don't have a lot of room to negociate further.

Heather, I am due Oct. 16th or 18th. (I am kind of planning around the 20th, since Trenton was 4 days late.)

I am glad you guys like my colors. I think I scared both my mother and mother-in-law with some of my choices initially, but I was in total rebellion mode against the ugly white walls of apartment living!