Saturday, July 07, 2007

Upstairs

The Loft (my nemesis of the whole week). It actually made the MLS listing. Oops, how did that sippy cup get there?




















Master Bedroom (those lights photograph pretty yellow :-/.)





















Master bath (hard to get a good shot in front of the windows)





Kids Room (if I could just get Kira to straighten the pillow on her bed...and yes, she is still in a toddler bed and very content to be there even though she touches head and foot of the bed when she lays straight. That will change in the new house.





6 comments:

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Ugh! I know what you mean, Kendra! Putting our home up for sale in Houston was horrid. One time the people who were supposed to come and see it didn't get there until a minute after the time frame expired. We had just gotten home to put the kids to bed (since we had to leave for the people to see the house), and they started to unlock the door. Freaky! We let them in and went across the street to our neighbor's house to wait. But we did have to put away a TON of clutter. The kids' poor playroom ended up with only one small cabinet of toys which I kept a lock on during the 15-minute-cleanup before people come. I got into such a good habbit of waking up and going through each room and making beds, picking up, etc. I was hoping to maintain that when we moved here.... OOPS!

Best of luck selling. Hopefully since there is still a bit of summer left you can sell quickly.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Thanks, Hope! I hope that doesn't happen with unexpected guests. That would totally freak me out, and Barry is one you don't want to surprise that way! This morning I completely lost it with Trenton. I was trying to help Kira with her talk for primary and he found the board games that were put away in the backroom and decided to play with all of them at the same time! We are planning to go to Utah next week. I guess they can mess up their Lita's house and she won't get nearly so mad at them.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

LOL! I understand the game thing very well! Skylah was only 18 months when we moved. She was into everything. Plus, I had to switch from cloth diapers to disposables while our house was showing because the diaper hamper would not have been a pleasant happening for the laundry room walk-through! I hope that doesn't happen to you either.

That is so awesome you are moving into a bigger house though. We were so happy to come and find our home here. It was built in 1982, so no fancy architecture, but it is big and on an acre of land, and so peaceful. It was also 800 sq.ft. bigger. What a relief, right?!?

Best of luck! And traveling is a great thing to do when the house is showing. I usually found a friend's house I could go to for virtually the whole day and we would just gab and let the kids run wild. It was a lot better than them being in our house and me chasing after them with Clorox Wipes!!

felicia said...

I know how that goes! HOpefully you'll sell quick! Best wishes! Where are you guys moving to? How exciting to look forward to a new home:)

Shanda said...

So I had to make the picture big to see the sippy cup because I couldn't find it. I love looking at your loft! It makes me want to be crafty. All those colored boxes perfectly sorted. I love organizing things! If only my office were that organized!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Hey Felicia,

We are trying to get into one of the Pulte homes not too far from here. It is behind the new high school and closer to the mountains.

Where did you guys end up? Are you happy there?