Meet the newest blogger! After some relentless begging, I have agreed to let Kira start her own blog (under close supervision). She likes to write poetry and make artwork and she told me she wanted it "published." So I figure this is the best way to do that. I am actually kind of excited about it though. If I can scan in her best artwork, writing, homework, etc. and post it on her blog, then I can slurp it to blurb and make a book of her stuff (and get rid of all of the clutter in my home!!! Yea!). This is the header I designed for her. It uses all of her own artwork (except for the purple paper with the funky tree--mine, and the fonts). She came up with the name on her own, too. I guess at school they do a time capsule at the beginning of the year. They put in samples of their work, so at the end of the year, they can pull it out and see how far they have come. In that context, I think this is a perfect name for her blog.
She's excited and has posted her first poem. We'll see if this is a passing phase or not, but if you get the chance to leave her a little love, over there, I'm sure she would be thrilled!
In other news, I have done a redesign of my blog called my insanity. The main reason for the redo was that I wanted to use my own designs and things on it, so I didn't have to worry about crediting anyone...especially if I am ever able to make any money off of the blog, or do anything that could be deemed "commercial." I don't want to step on any copywritten toes! I'm not sure if I am in love with it yet, so I am open to feedback. If you don't know about that blog, that is where I dump all of my creative ideas and projects, so I can free up my brain for daily life. I have lots of parties and things coming up in the next little bit, so it should be a happening site....We now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging.
2 comments:
I love your blogging marathon today! And I think it is great that Kira has her own. Nevan has one that I infrequently update for him. He has a bunch of writing on my computer waiting to be uploaded to blogger. Mayzie has one that she is always reminding me needs publishing, too. I am the blog slacker here, not them.
What kind of scanner do you have?! It does a much better job than mine. And what program are you using to edit photos? I love your work. It's beautiful!
You ARE in sane! I love the idea though, it sure cuts down on the extra madness when people just want to check in on ya. Come to think of it, I sort of did that, but I should inlcude all of the other crafts I do. Thanks for all of the great ideas, I'll be checking up on that one regularly!
Post a Comment