
Trenton loves to say the prayer, and often feels picked upon when he doesn't get the chance. The other night he started to say the prayer..."Heamenly Father...Thank you for this day..." He then proceeded to start saying a lot of gibberish. I was dissapointed at his lack of respect and tried to give him some more appropriate things to pray about. The gibberish continued until I insisted more firmly that he say what I was saying. We ended the prayer and I told him that prayer was not a time for silliness. His response, "I just wanted to pray in Spanish!" That night we gave him a short Spanish lesson.
The following night he was in tears that someone else had been called on to pray. I told him that when he was reverent he could say his own prayer. It started out much the same way until he started praying for our automobiles, something like this: "Bless our van...bless it that it will get painted and get numbers and turn into a race car...and bless our race cars that they will win." We tried, but Kira, Shanda, and I completely lost our prayer composure. He has quite an imagination!
2 comments:
I'm sorry... I'm laughing. I don't know how you could have held that in. I think boys are so funny when they speak... well, I guess kids in general! GOOD LUCK with the delivery!
Okay...now that's flippin hysterical!!!! He's awesome! That little imagination of his is going to make for a wonderfully amazing life!
Post a Comment