So the official due date has come and gone. I did actually spend several hours yesterday at the hospital, but not because I thought I was in labor. I was sent over after my appointment for some monitoring and an ultrasound. I later found out that I never should have been sent in the first place. I left the hospital with two pieces of information I had when I arrived:
1--The baby's head is down (knew that...it's pretty obvious).
2--I was not in active labor (knew that, too).
I can't wait to get the hospital bill for all of that information!
Seriously, I will spare the details, but it was a frustrating morning! In the meantime, I am still dealing with lots of contractions, but not enough to be in active labor. I think that makes it feel like I am more than one day overdue, because at least since Saturday, contractions have been starting and stopping and each time it's easy to think that it may be the start of the real thing. So it is hard to plan or do anything else with my life.
My goal right now, is to just relax, try not to think so much about when this will happen, not pay so much attention to every contraction, and just be happy when it does happen. (Easier said than done, though!)
3 comments:
Kendra,
Has anyone mentioned anything about your baby maybe being posterior? With as much contracting as you are doing without any results, it sounds a lot like my last 2 labors which were both posterior. We managed to turn Owen with positioning. If you get on your knees then lay your head and chest down (bum in the air) gravity can help the baby disengage a bit and have some room to turn around. When the baby is facing the right way labor is much more productive. I realize that might not be your issue at all, but it does sound a lot like what I went through. Good luck. I know how hard going overdue is.
Kerali
I am so sorry, Kendra. Honestly, I can't feel your pain. I am an early bird. Zach was 5 1/2 weeks early, Ranoah was a week early, and Skylah was 11 days early. Best of luck. And, if you haven't tried it yeat, take a brisk walk after a nice and spicy meal! Creole!!
Sorry for the waiting game! Do you want to come over and scrapbook? Maybe that would help take your mind off of everything :)
Post a Comment