Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy? Valentines Day

After running a fever for 5 days, Kira was well enough to go to school on Valentine's Day and participate in her class party--thankfully! That meant that Trenton, Tessa, and I could go to the preschool-age party at the park.

Here are a few pics from our day:
Tessa's first Valentine's outfit didn't last more than an hour. I thought she looked so cute in the hat, so I snapped a picture before I changed her. Obviously, she didn't think it was picture time.


Here's my big helper "looking at the camera" for a picture. Trenton helped me make this heart-shaped cake to share with our friends at the park.




Watch out, ladies!

We had a great time at the park with our friends, except it was a windy day! I guess that didn't bother Trenton too much because he was very upset when all of our friends decided they had had enough and packed up to leave. He was not ready for the party to be over!

That evening the kids and I ate off of heart-shaped plates and watched the Charlie Brown Valentine's special. So they had a thorough Valentine's celebration. Unfortunately, Barry and I have not, since he had to leave town again. He swears he has something in the works for me, but it will likely be March before I find out what it is. :-( I'm drawing a blank about what to do for him this year. Any ideas?

6 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Trenton looks so grown up! He's a cutie. Hey, for Valentine's Day, I gave Jeff a new photo frame with new pictures of all of us to take to work and put on his desk. It's his first pictures of us to take to his new job. I don't know if Barry would appreciate that as much since he's on the go a lot, but maybe a cute collage or set of pictures he can take with him, or put in his car. Just a suggestion.

By the way, Jeff's gift to me was WAY better than mine to him this year. He got me diamond earrings! He said it was to make up for the other 4 Valentine's days and other important gift-giving holidays that he really dropped the ball.

Jami said...

What a beautiful cake you made!!!! Did you have a stencil or did you cut it into a heart? Love it!

And Tessa's hat was SO CUTE! Too bad she didn't think so. HA HA.

And I agree, Trenton looks so grown up and so handsome! :0)

I was sorry to hear Barry was out of town for the big "Love" day. :0( As for ideas for him, I'd start sticking little love hearts or sticky notes in his stuff for him to find randomly. Since he travels a lot, I'd put one in his shoes, in his pant pocket, in the glove compartment of his car, in his toiletries just so he knows you're thinking of him. You could even include some of his favorite treats to go along with it. Sometimes it's the little things that go a long way, you know? Just a thought. :0)

felicia said...

so fun! what a great cake and trenton is so handsome! i have an idea...let's do another "amazing race" or similar (as dave and i didn't really celebrate this year...no babysitter/sick kiddos) what do you think!?

Stella said...

what a fun valentines day. i love trenton's shirt, too cute!
valentine ideas? make a love time capsule together. write a love letter to him that he doesn't read for 10 years-ish.

Kenise said...

Loved the cake--thanks for making the park more fesive!! I wish it wasn't so windy so we could have stayed longer!!!
Now comes the fun part--I'm tagging you--although I'm sure you have been tagged before, I have not seen it on your blog--could be because I am a newbie to this whole blog world!!! So if you can just answer the questions in caps!!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Thanks for the fun ideas, everyone! I posted them on my other blog, www.meandmyinsanity.blogspot.com. I hope you don't mind.

Jami,
I actually had a heart-shaped cake pan, so it was super-easy. And her hat would have been OK, it was the rest of the outfit she dissaproved of, by way of a diaper blow-out.