
I beginning to think that I may have to come up with a new way to mark Tessa's growth--maybe a shirt, or something she can't wrinkle up. It was quite an adventure trying to take her picture this time! I documented it with this slide show.
I don't have official stats, since I still haven't taken her in for her 6mo. check-up (I know, shame on me!), but according to our home scale, she is still right around 20 lbs. She does outweigh most of her 1-year-old friends, and has yet to meet one who can rival those thighs! Still everyone she meets wants to love and squeeze all of that chub!
I'm not sure I would really call what she is doing crawling, but she is definitely getting around. I think her trouble is that she likes to straighten her legs. More often than not, she ends up in somersault position (I've helped her do a few somersaults). But she manages to move around a room. Lately, though, she thinks it is great fun to pull herself to standing, and has even began to cruise just a little between furniture. I wonder if she is going to skip effective crawling and head straight for walking! She has tried most all kinds of foods, but seems to want grown-up food more than her own, and wants to try and feed herself (uh, oh! Do I detect another independent, determined personality??? I might be in trouble!). She has learned what to do with Cheerios, so she is on her way.
Still no teeth, yet, but the way she is chomping on me, they can't be too far off (Ouch!). But all of this teething, digesting of new foods, and learning new tricks, has interfered with (what used to be) her fantastic sleep habits. It is hard to get her to sleep now, and she often wakes up shortly after going down. Most of all, her sleep schedule is really unpredictable, right now. And that can take a toll on her Mama, when there is so much going on. Good thing she is still so sweet and fun most of the time, so we have to forgive her for the sleep thing. I know Trenton went through a similar stage around this time. Hopefully it will pass, soon. Really, it's just hard, because she has been doing so well. It could be much worse.
Anyway, we love our Tessa Roo!
3 comments:
CUTE blue eyes! She is getting so big (grown up ;) ) and beautiful! I think she's looking like her mommy...
Nah - keep the paper - it adds character! Ü
I added a chub post on Jennie to let Tessa know that she's not the only one.
You're so creative, and just overall fabulous at documenting all of your kids. Bravo!
Post a Comment