Wednesday, July 23, 2008

9 months (& 8 months a little late)

So my format is kind of shot on these, since we were at Lake Powell when Tessa turned 8 months, and I don't have my printer set up now to make the signs for her turning 9 months. But format or no, Tessa is 9 months. Her first tooth has finally cut through (just barely) and she is dangerously close to walking. Here are a few of her favorite things:
Food: paper (shopping lists don't stand a chance)
Place to sleep: the high chair (harder to keep moving there). (Hard floors work well in a pinch).
Least favorite place to sleep: her crib
Favorite new nickname: "all-terrain Tessa" (She 4-wheel crawls over anyone and anything in the way of her objective)
Pasttimes: housekeeping inspections (she will find any spec of anything left on the floor), taste testing (all of those things immediately go to her mouth), bouncing, dancing, mooching for food (anything that big people are eating), flirting
New tricks: waving "hi," saying "mumm, and dad."
Current objective: To press the pretty blue button on Mom's computer (and ruin all of her work).
She really is a happy, friendly baby, and is so much fun, when she isn't eating choking hazzards, and now that she is over her ear infection/pink eye/diahrrea/virus/teething/diaper rash/etc. that was going on during the move and Utah trip.
I took these shots of her at Lake Powell right around her 8 mo. b-day. Don't you want to squeeze her???


7 comments:

Dawn said...

What a cutie pie!! She's getting so big! I'm a little jealous of the crawling, McKenna doesn't yet, but I know in s sense, that it's nice. I think everyone I know made it up to Lake Powell, I just hate the heat, sand and sun. Why do I live in AZ?? Looks like a fun summer you guys have had. You mentioned a move? Where are you now??

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

She's SO CUTE!! I love the pink colors, especially in the flower. And her smile is just contagious! I'm glad she's feeling better. She looks absolutely adorable, and getting so grown up!

By the way, I meant to comment on your list yesterday. I noticed that one of the things at the top was to go to the DMV and change over your licenses... Yeah. We still haven't gotten UT ones yet, and we've been her 10 months!! Hooray for goals, right?? Someday we'll get there.

Mama's Boys said...

Love the flower!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Hey Dawn!
It is amazing how fast they grow, isn't it? Life would be a lot simpler if she wasn't so mobile, and moving would have been much easier. I can't tell you how many dangerous things we have pulled out of her mouth and I wonder what all we may have missed.

I'm kind of with you about Lake Powell. I thought it would be so relaxing, but for half of the day it is too hot to do anything. We moved to a bigger home in our same neighborhood, so ward, school, friends, etc. are all the same, but the home is so much nicer than our old one.

Ashleigh, you make me feel better. I think we just need to update ours on-line, but you probably have to get new photos taken, what a pain!

I forgot to mention the flower is courtesy of Marenda. She gave me a bunch of hairclips she and Shanda made for the girls, I haven't been able to find the others, yet, so she wears the flower a lot. Don't worry, Trina, I'm sure you'll get hair clips, too...if/when you ever get a girl. :-) Thanks, Marenda for the flower!

Stella said...

Oh my goodness, she is absolutely adorable. They really grow up way too fast. How is the settling in coming? A new home is so much fun. Can't wait to see all of your decorating tips...

Bob and Danya said...

Tessa is such a cutie! Those are adorable pics of her! I love your "taste testing" comment! That cracks me up (only because my kids did it too and still continue that tradition at ages 2 & 4)! And she's almost walking? Wow! You are about to really have your hands full! LOL! Better teach her how to do stairs quick!

Becky said...

She is super darling, Kendra! I loved that her favorite food is paper :)

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog...feel free to use my projects and links to them anytime....