Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Progress!

At times, it is painstakingly slow, but I really feel like we are making some good progress. (Here is a shot of our white board to do list).
I still have this to greet me each morning, but I also have this...
For those who voted, you can see that we went with the black appliances to match the cooktop and sink (and because we found great deals on them). The fridge is the smooth front, so I still have to deal with the fingerprint issues, a bit, but so far I am loving it!
Just incase you think I stole these beautiful pictures from a magazine :-), I am including a shot with Tessa in the high chair, and the messy corner, I haven't really gotten too, yet.

So I am feeling encouraged and optomistic. It also helps that the children are well again, and Tessa is actually taking a real nap at the moment!

In other news, we have a washer and dryer! And have ordered the replacement interior doorknobs. I believe with enough persistance and determination, you can find anything you need on craigslist. And if you can't get it there, you can use a combination of ebay and amazon to get what you need (door knobs). I will post pictures when we get those in place.

As for our other home, I am expecting between 1-3 applications to be turned in today. It is my goal to have someone living there by Aug. 1, and I have every reason to believe that that will happen.

So as the big fires are being put out, I am feeling like I can take a deep breath and spend a few minutes each day doing stuff like, catching up my blog, commenting on my friends blogs (I still love you all!), reading to my children, thinking about the fact that school is going to start in no time, and thinking about parties/events that are coming up. I have also decided to offer voice lesson and master classes this fall through Johnson Peforming Arts Studio. Hopefully, I can get my music room ready in time!

8 comments:

Amberly said...

your positive attitude is making awesome things happen over there! congrats on the progress!

Sherrie said...

Oh your kitchen makes me want to bake, and cook, and have a dinner party, and oh, I love your kitchen. Make something for me will ya.

Your stack of boxes looks much smaller and tidyier than last time, so kudos for all of the progress.

Becky said...

I'm in LOVE with your gorgeous kitchen! Your to-do list is crazy but your positive attitude will make it all happen :)

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

The kitchen looks amazing! The black looks great. Love the colors. We're still looking a little like your house with the boxes out though. Only our house has probably a lot more little things we want to upgrade and replace. All in due time...

Becky said...

P.S. I couldn't help but notice that your list is longer and has more done on it :) Has Barry been out of town a lot again? What do you need help with?

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Thanks everyone! I haven't done any serious baking/cooking yet, Sherrie, but it is amazing how a kitchen like this can make you feel like you are on a cooking show while you make Kraft macaroni & cheese! :-) I think I may be motivated to do Christmas goodies this year, with all of that counter space to work on.

Yes, Becky, my list is longer, but he has more big things, and he has been in town, but still has to go to work each day, darn it! His tone was a little less than optomistic last night when he went to install the washer and dryer and realized he was missing another small part. He is making really good friends with the guy at ACE! The hard part, is that I need him to do a lot of stuff before I can make much more progress.

As for help...My kids are getting bored and would love to play with friends some days. Other than that, I need leads on good deals on fabric/window treatments, and really, just a lot of moral support and forgiveness if I act like a total space cadet in public! :-)

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Oh...and I need an electrician for a couple of minor (should be, anyway) things. Anyone know one?

Bama Holcomb Family said...

I am so glad to hear things are going better. And your kitchen is gorgeous. I love it. Still a little dark for me (Mine is Cape Cod blue and white), but I do love modern kitchens anyhow. The boxes have definitely been reduced. Good job!

Thanks for the comment. Things are well.