Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Rollercoaster & the Blogging Backlog

Life has been so full of tremendous blessings and tremendous challenges over the last little while and we aren't to the end of the ride yet. I don't think I've cried tears of gratitude and tears of desperation with in such a close period of time before. The basic update is that we made the move! Yea! We wouldn't have made it if I hadn't sent out a desperate email for help the night before the movers came. Tessa had been sick all week (I finally got her in to the doctor on Monday and she needed all kinds of antibiotics, etc.), and I just couldn't get it all done. Thankfully, we have so many wonderful people in our ward who check email, who pitched in and got us moved.

Some highs:
We are LOVING our new home!
People are continuing to bless us with service!
We are recognizing the Lord's hand in our lives more powerfully.
Kids are having to use their imagination since no TV or computers are connected yet.

Some lows:
We are exhausted!!!
Tessa's sickness meant no sleeping (she is doing much better).
Barry's Dad had surgery the same week, and we couldn't help each other at all.
It looks like our renter is backing out last minute.
We won't have phone or internet for a couple of weeks!!!

We are going to go to Utah for family reunions, even though we can think of about 100 reasons not to go. Hopefully I can catch up on blogging, when we get back, get our internet, and get a new renter. I still have pictures from Memorial Day, not to mention Lake Powell, the move, and all the stuff from Utah.

I'm pretty sure when all the dust settles from this move, we will know it was all worth it! Thanks for your prayers and support.

5 comments:

Ninny said...

Well- you may not believe this but I found you!!! Remember me? Ginny Hayes from our teen years? I was blog surfing and found you! What a wonderful blog and a great family. check out my blog at www.seekingsunlight.blogspot.com or email me cginak@yahoo.com! Hooray!!!!

Kameron said...

Wowwowwow. We were thinking about you as we sang at the Passion Theatre (don't be jealous). Really! We were! We were wondering how the move was going (and IF it was going) and hoping all was well. We were going to take a picture for you at the Sound of Music fountain in Salzburg, but it was all blocked off by EuroCup vendors (to cover up the renovations, I think), so we couldn't. But we wanted to!!!

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Awww... that just makes me sad. Moving and packing and unpacking, organizing, etc. is stressful enough without sick kids and other family issues! I'll be praying for relief for you. And renters. After moving out of our rental to our house and trying to find renters to replace us, we decided we NEVER want to be landlords. It is SO tough! Good luck with everything. Hopefully things start looking up soon.

Alicia said...

I tried to email you to find out your new address, for the Primary address lists, I suppose I could just drive by and figure it out. Hopefully you get back online soon, and that you're kiddos are feeling better.

hope said...

Congrats on the home. It is beautiful. We are back from our thoroughly busy and exausting summer. I love that Kira sang as Annie. I loved being in that play. What a blast!!

Summer is ending with an unfortunate twist here... Mom passed away last Monday. There will be a burial in Prescott on Friday at the Pioneer Home cemetery. If you feel up to contacting Holly, I know she would appreciate talking to you.