Sunday, September 21, 2008

11 month Tessa--and a couple of announcements


Tessa is now officially 11 months old! Only one more month until her big milestone celebration. We tried pigtails for the first time today, and I am happy to report, they made it all the way through church, which is more than I can say for all of the clips, and barrettes, I keep trying to use to get that hair out of her eyes.

Of course, we had to include a smiley picture. She is developing her own sense of humor--playing games and even teasing us a little. She also tries to get in on the action when Daddy is wrestling with the kids. Speaking of Daddy, she really is becoming quite the Daddy’s girl. She seems to prefer to be with him, and he is the best at getting her calmed down to go to sleep.

But if we want to give you an accurate view of what Tessa is like now, I think these pictures may be more appropriate, she is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! (I guess that means her mom is too!)




In other news...
  • I am planning to start Trenton at the Montessori Preschool this week. He was on the waiting list and recently got in. So that is great, except that we don’t have anyone to carpool with, and I’m not sure I can make the drive to Downtown PHX twice a day. The school is free, and I know it will be so good for him. I am just hoping we can find someone to carpool with. If anyone knows anyone with a 3-4 year old in the Laveen area who doesn’t already have preschool arrangements, that might be interested in a FREE Montessori school, please let me know, asap. We were told that there was another slot available, but we don’t know how long that will last. Or how long I will last if I have to do all of the driving!
  • Barry and I are helping to raise money for the Nielson Family, by participating in The Great Cookie Auction today (MONDAY). Please see my other blog (My Insanity), for all of the details! Who’s cookies do you think will raise more money? Barry’s Massive, Mouth-Watering Molasses Cookies, or my Hand-Painted Halloween Butter Cookies???

2 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

She's so cute! She really reminds me of Audrey. I love babies. And if we were still in Laveen, I would TOTALLY be interested in the preschool thing. I would prefer free over the $70/month I have to pay for Sarah's! There's nothing cheaper than that here and she only goes twice a week! Anyway... good luck with that. And I like your hand painted cookie idea. It's so much more creative. Although molasses cookies are one of my faves...

Bob and Danya said...

That little Tessa is a doll! Look at her go! You are a busy busy mom!