Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham...



He does not like them, Trenton he is!

The kids and I joined Kira for breakfast in the school cafeteria on Dr. Suess' birthday. Trenton wouldn't touch his green eggs, and to be honest, I didn't like them much either--the eggs were bland, the ham a little too crispy, and the hash browns incredibly greasy--but what do you expect from the school cafeteria?
Kira insisted that we follow her to class so she could show off Tessa. Her teacher was actually very nice about it and turned it into a teaching moment, talking about babies and how they grow and develop. Kira and the other students asked if we could stay, and when I said "no" they, of course, wanted to know why. I said that Tessa would distract them and they wouldn't listen to their teacher, or learn anything.

Their response: "That's OK!"

3 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Sorry for commenting on so many of your posts, but I just have to say: That meal looks horrible! Those eggs look completely disgusting. I guess it's good that most kids aren't picky!

hope said...

Wow, a lot of catching up! However I will leave this to one comment for your ease. Great idea with the kid pics when going somewhere. Very good idea! I will have to remember that when we spend the summer in Florida. Poor Kristin!! That is horrible!! By the smile on her face though I am sure she will give in some day. I make green eggs and ham for my kids once in a while, but it really looks better than that! Those hash browns look like the greasy things you get from McD's. I didn't make it to my kids' Dr Suess breakfast, and now I am wondering if their's was much better.

Jami said...

The Dr Suess breakfast sounded like a good idea, however, I'm with you on how appetizing it looked... I can only imagine the bland eggs, crispy ham and greasy hash browns... Yum. HA HA.

Hey, I went private on my blog today and noticed I don't have your e-mail to add you to my invites. Could you e-mail me at jknobby@hotmail.com so I can send one out to you? Thanks! :0)