
Kira is minus three teeth that she had before Spring Break. Here she is with her beautiful toothless smile. To be honest, I kind of like her mouth this way...it makes her seem more like a kid and less like a
miniature adult.
How did this happen?

By the time we got to Prescott, her two front teeth were very loose and we knew they wouldn't last long. Grandpa was able to tug one of them out on Tuesday night.

One of her back molars had broken (due to a giant cavity, I think) so we decided she had to get in to see a dentist. We had an appointment at
Kidzaam in Prescott on Thursday morning. She had her check-up and we were told that her tooth was abscessing and would have to come out and be replaced with a spacer.
Kidzaam is a pediatric dentist office that seeks to remove the fear kids typically experience at the dentist, by making most everything fun!

It really worked well for Kira! She was giggling all through the x-rays and exam. I just wish they had something for the pain and dizziness adults feel when they get the bill (actually, I think their prices are probably the same as anywhere else. I'm just wondering if we need to rethink the no dental insurance thing).

We had to come back for the extraction later that day, and though Kira was scared about the
procedure, she did really well.
Somehow her other front tooth managed to come out in the process.

It wasn't until we were nearly back to Grandma's that she started feeling the pain and got pretty upset. But it wasn't anything that a little painkiller, the movie "Nancy Drew," and a homemade strawberry shake couldn't fix. By the next morning, she announced that she felt normal. She was nervous about going back to school and being teased, but has realized that lots of kids have spacers and other holes in their mouths. Now we just need to remember to put all of those teeth in the
toothfairy pillow. I guess it is good that Kira has forgotten so far. It gives the
toothfairy more time to save up!
5 comments:
Sounds like the first loose tooth went pretty smoothly for Kira. Hopefully it will be the same for Sarah. Sorry she got a tooth pulled. That's never fun. Looks like a great dentist office though.
What a brave gal! And that smile is wonderful!!
Fun to see what you all are up to! Kira was a great sport and that dentist office has to be great not to make her freak while taking out a tooth! My, my good job to Kira and quick fixes by mom!
Kendra,
I love reading your blog. So fun!! Your family is so cute and your Trenton seems so much like my Trenton, full of so much boy energy. Tessa is beautiful and Kirra without those teeth looks like Logan. I honestly have a hard time remembering Logan with teeth. He ripped them out when he was 4 riding his bike and now at 6 he is just starting to get them in. The tooth fairy was very nice to him. Keep saving, teeth can run the tooth fairy into the poor house.
That looks like an awesome dentist's office...I keep putting off dentist appointments for my kids because I haven't found a fun one. Glad things went well for Kira!
Post a Comment