I had been wanting to make an advent calendar of somekind for a long time. I was hoping to do something in the shape of a Christmas tree because that is what we had growing up, but I was hoping for a version that called for a lot less sewing.So here is what I came up with after borrowing ideas from Becky P.'s blog, who borrowed ideas from Ali Edward's blog, who borrowed ideas from Martha Stewart's kids magazine. ;-) Aren't blogs great!
If anyone wants specs (paint colors, how to's, etc.) let me know. Although, I think the colors look a little different in this picture than in real life. I plan to put a scripture and thought question in each one (from the Friend magazine), and hide a few treats on random days.
7 comments:
Your advent calendar turned out so cute!!! You did a really great job! The Christmas tree idea is the cutest I've seen. Kuddos, Kendra. :0)
that is adorable! where did you find the cute circle boxes? :)
Awesome job, Kendra!! Love it :)
Thanks guys!
I bought everything at Michaels--probably not the cheapest, but I was low on time. The boxes are the paper mache kind and I just painted them.
I took my kids to the San Tan Villiage mall over here in Gilbert (the 202 and Williams Field). The Santa is in the kids' outdoor play area just across from Dillards. Very cute set up. And I'd just pick stuff that you look forward to doing around Christmas time and that always helps me be motivated to actually do it. You have a newborn so anything you do with your kids is a major bonus. :0)
OH! And I wanted to add a P.S. to my last comment. The Santa doesn't show up until after 12:00 so don't go before then or you'll be waiting a long time. Well, unless you want to shop since they have a lot of stores everywhere, but I just thought I'd throw that detail in there. :0)
Holy moly! Very cute, Kendra. Gotta give me the "specs" so we can do this as a craft one day (like I have time for that, but...). It's seriously adorable.
Post a Comment