Monday, December 10, 2007

Dance Recital

Kira had her winter dance on Thursday. Her class danced to "How Much is That Doggie in the Window?" And looked adorable in these poodle skirts.

Kira will not be happy that I am posting this shot, but it was the cutest part of the dance. When they said "waggly tail", they all turned and shook there "tails." She said it was embarrassing. Kira did great from what I could see (she was in the corner in the back, so I couldn't always see her well), so I was surprised to see her come into the audience sobbing after the performance. (I know some of you saw her, as well). When she calmed down enough to tell me what the matter was, it was that her class had been wild and noisy before the performance, and she had taken it upon herself to try and calm them down. Surprisingly, :-) they wouldn't listen to her. For those of you who know Kira, you know that this is very upsetting to her. Of course, in a class full of first-born girls, why would they listen to Kira? Ah, the drama! Do you think I can teach her to relax a little about things before puberty hits???
On another note, I put mascara on her for the first time and was floored at the length of those eyelashes. Her eyes look huge with a little make-up!

2 comments:

Kim said...

She's beautiful...glad to hear the performance went well even if the others were into a bit of mischeif!

Kim said...

She's beautiful...glad to hear the performance went well even if the others were into a bit of mischeif!