Saturday, December 01, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is much more quiet than I am used to for a birthday, but that is kind of one of my birthday presents this year. Barry is working the gun show today, and my in-laws took my children to the Polar Express Train ride this weekend (post to come). So Tessa and I are chilling alone. I like to take it easy on my birthday, but this time I feel the need to keep working on stuff because of the realization of how difficult it will be to get anything done (like shop or wrap presents) when my children are back (and Barry will be out of town an awful lot in the next few weeks!). Barry and I are supposed to go to dinner tonight, but are torn between going someplace nice or grabbing a quick bit to eat and coming back to work on my craft project (advent calendar--post to come).

If today doesn't feel much like my birthday, I really can't complain, because last Saturday in Prescott, I had a really great day that felt a lot like a birthday. Barry and his mom had arranged for me to go to a salon and get a pedicure/manicure and eyebrows waxed. Little did we know that they hadn't planned to be open that day, but were moved by the idea that a husband wanted to surprise his wife and opened shop, just for me! See my bright red toes!

Afte that we all went to an early dinner at the Prescott Brewing Co. (Downtown), and then the girls--including Kira and Tessa--went to see "Enchanted." It was a great day full of things I don't normally get to do!

We will also be celebrating with my in-laws tomorrow after Tessa's blessing (another post to come! :-)).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a nice birthday gift with the day at the salon. It is nice to be pampered; especially when you have three little ones (though I'm sure Kira and Trenton don't think they're "little"). I hope you got a lot done today! (And if not, it doesn't matter... IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!) Happy birthday!

Jami said...

Happy Birthday, Kendra! And I'm so happy to see your beautiful baby!!! I LOVE the name Tessa. :0) And dark hair, you got one. HA HA. None of my kids ended up taking after me on much of anything so I'm jealous. What's up with these guys and their strong genes?

Congradulations and I hope you had a great birthday. Every mom deserves one! :0)

Jami said...

And might I add that you have the prettiest title heading? I love the way it looks. :0)

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Kendra, Happy Birthday to you!!! (boy that sounds so much better when I type it than when I sing it!)
Hope you had a great day, we love you!!!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

Hi Jami!
Tessa's hair is dark, but it seems to have a bit of red in it, as well. I guess we'll have to see. Maybe she'll be the link between me and the other children...physically.

Kim, I would have loved to HEAR your birthday serenade!

Jen, when are you going to start your blog???

Jami said...

Kendra,
My December list is in my November blogs. I posted it on the 25th so it's not shown on the main page, but you can click on my archives and find it if you want to read it. :0) I tried to balance fun with actual chores so I can spice up my life a little and dread checking off my list. You'll notice how I'm doing the fun stuff first. HA HA.

Ashlee said...

Kendra - You have taken so many cute pictures lately, especially of Tessa! Thanks for sharing. What kind of camera do you have? I know you got a new one sometime ago but can't remember which one it is. Thanks!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Great idea, Jami!

Hi, Ashlee!

Thanks for the complement. We have a Canon Rebel XT. It is 8mpx. I think they make one that has 10 now. Felicia has the same or a similar camera, I believe. We are quite happy with it. I need to take a class to learn all of its features, or something, but for now I just experiment a lot, and use a good photo editing software to help with my lack of expertise. If I had the extra money, I would invest in a separate flash that moves and can bounce light off of the ceiling, and a lens with a better zoom.

That's probably more info than you need. I'd love to see some of your pics! Your boys are so cute!