Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Barry "had a ball" for his birthday!

Lots of them, actually. I sent him on a paintball adventure this year on his b-day. I had some of his buddies (thanks, Adam!) kidnap him early in the morning and take him out to the paintball field. (They kept threatening him that they would shoot him 32 times for his b-day).

It was great fun to surprise Barry just a little with this, mainly because it drove him crazy to not be able to be perfectly prepared in advance!

The kids and I drove out to surprise him at lunchtime with the three-layer "Motherload" cake from Claimjumper. The kids had fun throwing around the old paintballs and Trenton loved getting to practice shooting the gun. He will be a formidible opponent in a few years!

Later that night, Barry and I went to My Big Fat Greek Restaurant for a yummy dinner. Barry was a bit beat- up after his adventures, but he says that's part of the fun.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

that looks so yummy! happy b-day. That's a great idea!