
I got to have a "Girls' night Out" for the first time since Tessa came. She did great, by the way, and slept the whole time I was gone.

Kameron, Carla, & I got tickets to the "Girls Night Out" showing of THE PAJAMA GAME at the Arizona Theatre Company.
As part of the festivities, we were told to wear our pajamas to the show (and consequently to dinner before at "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant"--they didn't even laugh at us and served us FAST so we could make it to the show on time!) Well we are either the most obedient or least self-conscious theatre patrons, because almost no one else, except for the ushers, was wearing their PJs. It's OK, though. We got lots of attention and several ladies told us they wished that they had worn theirs, too. We were probably much more comfortable than they!
As part of the festivities, we were told to wear our pajamas to the show (and consequently to dinner before at "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant"--they didn't even laugh at us and served us FAST so we could make it to the show on time!) Well we are either the most obedient or least self-conscious theatre patrons, because almost no one else, except for the ushers, was wearing their PJs. It's OK, though. We got lots of attention and several ladies told us they wished that they had worn theirs, too. We were probably much more comfortable than they!The show was a really professional production with a really fun retro stylized set and costumes, and some Fosse-like choreography. Of course, the plot is mostly fluff, but tons of fun. I had to keep biting my tongue so I wouldn't sing along and it brought back so many memories (some fonder than others) of our production of "The Pajama Game" at PHS, so many years ago! Mom, do you still have that VHS? I think I'm secure enough to watch it now. :-)
Thanks, K&C for another night of memories!
8 comments:
girl's night is so much fun! We headed out to see 27 dressed last weekend, and decided we needed to do it monthly!
Oh how I remember the PHS version of "Pajama Game." lol, really. I am so happy to hear from you and have your blog address! You look amazing as usual and your kids are gorgeous. Though Kira looks like Trina more than you. =-) Glad to hear you are doing well. I am excited to read more about your family and see what your "insanity" is all about!
Love, Shawnie
How fun for you! And you look cute, too :)
I love the pajamas!!! What a fun idea and it makes it more fun that you went out to eat before the show. What great memories. :0)
Yes, yes. It sounds fun and all, but really, there is just no way it could have compared to OUR Pajama Game. Come on! :-)
(Your favorite line: "Married life is lots of fun." Kendra: "Two can sleep as cheap as one," said with a smile as she tried not to gag while looking at Darrin.)
--Trina
Yea, Trina, their Sid had a much nicer chest to look at, than ours! But I don't remember, did you do the dream sequence where Gladys is with all the different guys? This one had her in a neglige jumping on a giant bed. Are you glad you missed out on that one?
So many fun memories, Shawnie! Are you still singing?
Girls night is more fun when you embarrass yourselves, a bit. At least more memorable! (Jami & Becky)
Hey Dawn! How was 27 dresses? Do you recommend it?
Cute blog heading, Kendra! :0)
Hey! You were supposed to send us that picture, m'am! Come on, come on... I've been wanting to post it on my blog. Ü
Post a Comment