Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Prophet Dear

I'm sure everyone has heard by now of the passing of Pres. Hinckley. You wouldn't think it would be surprising to hear of the death of a 97-year-old, but I was surprised. He has held on strong for so long, it was hard to imagine this happening. He will be sorely missed, but what a joyful time it must be for him--being reunited with his sweet wife and being welcomed home after such service to the Lord! I wonder if he will finally rest, or if he will want to get busy with his work on the other side of the veil.
For the benefit of my posterity, I want to record that I have had a strong witness that Gordon B. Hinckley was indeed a prophet of God. I remember watching General Conference all alone many years ago, when Elder Nelson gave a talk about Pres. Hinckley. The spirit that came over me was undeniable. I have since come to appreciate the personality and human-side of this man as well, but clearly he was called to do a great work on this earth and he has now completed that work!

No comments: